Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

How to fix error? "Failed Join Game. [LocalPlayerId: "id"]["character_id"] Result = Failed Invalid Login Player Character Handle"

SparkyDaPikachu

unsure if this is a server-related issue, but here’s the gist…

im running a dedicated server, but 1 of 2 of my friends are unable to connect. one is connecting just fine, but the other one is constantly getting the following error when joining:

Failed Join Game. [LocalPlayerId: “id”][“character_id”] Result = FailedInvalidLoginPlayerCharacterHandle

already tried the following:
  • deleting their character data (host)
  • restarting pc (client and host)
  • reinstalling game (client)
  • wifi router restart (client and host)
  • completely logging out of and back into the steam client (client)
no dice still. anyone know how to fix this?

View attachment 204

Last edited:

palworld

Administrator
Staff member
Try these steps:
  1. Backup all saves
  2. Delete all saves
  3. Have ONLY the affected user(s) login and create new characters
  4. Use their new save data to identify the old save data
  5. Delete corrupted data, restore the other saves.

SparkyDaPikachu

Okay! so i already tried that, but i did finally break success~

What was different this time, i had to remove their data while the server was OFF. Kinda feel dumb for doing things without turning the server off first. lol

9wastaken

I would like to try this as I’m having the same problem, How do you back up saves and delete saves?

How do all the steps except 3 , I’m so new to this

Last edited:

SparkyDaPikachu

the player files are under the following location:
<steam_install_location>/Steam/steamapps/common/PalServer/Pal/Saved/SaveGames/0/<world_id>/Players/<player_files_HERE>

you can save some time by going to Manage>Browse_local_files in the Steam app, assuming you already have the Tools category revealed in your Library~

and as previously mentioned, remember to have the server OFF before moving the player files. :3

Last edited:

NA7nightcrawler

Anyone have a solution to this issue on Xbox?
My friend has a server and others can join, but I haven’t been able to join since we played on day 1.
Is there no solution for corrupted character data on Xbox??

Faranthir

Sorry to reopen this thread, but I need help regarding this topic.
Yesterday a Cheater (on official EU0110) came by, destroyed everything , killed me, restet me to lvl 1 and kept me in a perma downed state (Esc and inventory buttons did not work). After a time I was able to at least stand up again using a bed, but still being kept a now lvl 3 and 1HP. I tried setting up a ticket, but now I get this above mentioned Error message trying to join the Server.
I tried using older save files from the %Appdata%...Saves.. folder but nothing changed. How can I get back on the server?

fe_paum

Sorry to reopen this thread, but I need help regarding this topic.
Yesterday a Cheater (on official EU0110) came by, destroyed everything , killed me, restet me to lvl 1 and kept me in a perma downed state (Esc and inventory buttons did not work). After a time I was able to at least stand up again using a bed, but still being kept a now lvl 3 and 1HP. I tried setting up a ticket, but now I get this above mentioned Error message trying to join the Server.
I tried using older save files from the %Appdata%...Saves.. folder but nothing changed. How can I get back on the server?
I have the same problem, a hacker just stolen my bases, killed me, reset my lvl to 1 and I was only able to crawl. Now I am.getring this message and cannot log back to official server SA 0076