Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Hosting - unable to set "Public Server"

Gjornsy

Hosting a server on Hostinger, kvm8, linux. I've noticed that my Server is not appearing in Public Listing, how to solve this ?

Gjornsy

Can you tell, how do you start like which command or script you are using?
Usually it should be enough to add the argument:
Code:
EpicApp=PalServer
But there was an Update (2024/02/27 Patch v0.1.5.0) you can try the new argument:
Code:
-publiclobby
See at Arguments list.
./PalServer.sh -port=8122 -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS -publiclobby

now it shows up in battlemetrics, but ingame server community list is still not visible

SkiperTheBoss

Here's a clearer breakdown of the steps you could try:

Just ot make sure:
To ensure proper port forwarding for your server, you should forward UDP port 8211. At least that is what I does, only port forwarding this single port.

Regarding the combinations you're considering testing:
Command:
Code:
./PalServer.sh -port=8122 -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS
Variations:
Try without specifying your IP: PublicIP=""
Try with your IP: PublicIP="Your.IP.Here.Nice"

Command:
Code:
./PalServer.sh -port=8122 -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS EpicApp=PalServer
Variations: Same as above

Command:
Code:
./PalServer.sh -port=8122 -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS EpicApp=PalServer -publiclobby

Command:
Code:
./PalServer.sh -port=8122 -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS -publiclobby

Unfortunately, i'm not able to test these configurations myself due to using a Windows server. However, my plan to test them in two weeks out once when I finally get my access to the internet. If none of these solutions works or the follow combinations above, i will answer then again if i have it testet out.

My start command for the windows-server looks like this:
Code:
start PalServer.exe -ServerName="MyServerName Here" -port=8211 -players=32 -log -nosteam -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS EpicApp=PalServer

Note:
If you using WorldOptions.sav make sure you change your setting in there instead of PalWorldSettings.ini because WorldOptions.sav will prioritize over the PalWorldSettings.ini. There is like generator for this, i'm using: https://palworldoptions.com/
This is only required if you have following file in your path:
Code:
..\steamapps\common\PalServer\Pal\Saved\SaveGames\0\_ID_\WorldOptions.sav
If this file does not exist you can ignore this note.

Let me know if something works or your figured it out.

Gjornsy

Here's a clearer breakdown of the steps you could try:

Just ot make sure:
To ensure proper port forwarding for your server, you should forward UDP port 8211. At least that is what I does, only port forwarding this single port.

Regarding the combinations you're considering testing:
Command:
Code:
./PalServer.sh -port=8122 -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS
Variations:
Try without specifying your IP: PublicIP=""
Try with your IP: PublicIP="Your.IP.Here.Nice"

Command:
Code:
./PalServer.sh -port=8122 -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS EpicApp=PalServer

Command:
Code:
./PalServer.sh -port=8122 -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS EpicApp=PalServer -publiclobby

Command:
Code:

Unfortunately, i'm not able to test these configurations myself due to using a Windows server. However, my plan to test them in two weeks out once when I finally get my access to the internet. If none of these solutions works or the follow combinations above, i will answer then again if i have it testet out.

My start command for the windows-server looks like this:
Code:
start PalServer.exe -ServerName="MyServerName Here" -port=8211 -players=32 -log -nosteam -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS EpicApp=PalServer

Note:
If you using WorldOptions.sav make sure you change your setting in there instead of PalWorldSettings.ini because WorldOptions.sav will prioritize over the PalWorldSettings.ini. There is like generator for this, i'm using: https://palworldoptions.com/
This is only required if you have following file in your path:
Code:
..\steamapps\common\PalServer\Pal\Saved\SaveGames\0\_ID_\WorldOptions.sav
If this file does not exist you can ignore this note.

Let me know if something works or your figured it out.

thank you, tested both work -public and epicserver, apparently it is case sensitive, i had to search: "MysticPals" instead of "mysticpals". Tested both Linux and Windows.

SkiperTheBoss

thank you, tested both work -public and epicserver, apparently it is case sensitive, i had to search: "MysticPals" instead of "mysticpals". Tested both Linux and Windows.
Good to know, I'm glad it's working now.