Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Dedicated Server Memory Leak

DiscoveryOV

There seems to be a memory leak in the dedicated server and I didn’t see any topic on this in the Palworld Server category so I decided to make one.

I am a managing partner of a game server host, and this memory leak makes hosting servers for players uneconomical and a poor experience for renters and their playerbase. We recommend to our players that they disable base invasion/raids (this seems to help from anecdotal evidence from the community), as well as regularly restarting the server (4-6 hours). Obviously, these are undesirable workarounds, so I’m just wondering if this issue is on Pocketpair’s radar and if there is any planned fix in the near future.

For us specifically, this occurs on Linux-based docker containers, however I have seen community reports of the issue present on Windows servers as well. The latest patch v0.1.4.0 doesn’t seem to have helped in this regard.

Thanks

Last edited:

goliathus99

Yeah my server jas 32GB ram and 6core/6thread, goes upto 19GB+ after a while.
Also only using about 30-50% of cpu, server fps dosnt seem to go above 45fps now.

DiscoveryOV

I don’t think they (and I definitely was not) were asking for workarounds, but instead an acknowledgement that this is a major issue that should be fixed, that it is a high priority to fix, and an estimate of when it will be fixed.

So far I haven’t even seen an acknowledgement that this is an issue despite evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:

wreckluse

Same, this is blowing up our dedicated server on a home PC running windows. Need a fix ASAP!

kasiekakes

I have a multiplayer server. Not dedicated or anything. And my memory on task manager hits up to 6,000.. and of course log out freezes. Luckily it still saves. I also can never just login to multiplayer. It will crash. I have to login solo and then title then login multiplayer. Then it loads.