Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Dedicated Server Low FPS

adrovici

Hello, I have a dedicated server on Linux and I was wondering if there is any way to keep the fps from being so low when there are only 4 players. Note that the server has 20 GB of ram and an 8-core processor. I have also activated the flags so that it is in multicore to see if it fixed anything, but nothing. Is there something that needs to be configured?

funky

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, you can contact me via discord, I would like to help you. The processor model is also very important in these cases. I do hosting work and I would like to help you test your save file on my servers for free.

Discord: fn0

tommykrazy

@adrovici what are your server specs? Running VMware by chance? I am noticing the more bases that gets created in the server the more the server fps drops.

Palworld dedicated server sitting on a 2x e2667 v3 3.2ghz, 256gb of ram, and ssd running on VMware esxi 7. Allocated 16 cores and 256gb of ram to the palworld server on Ubuntu server 23.

We have about 8-10 players and about 5 different guilds. My server fps went from 40 to 10 fps.

Yes I do run multi core flags etc. but htop shows basically 3 cores being used lol…. I am wondering if better performance can be had from windows on VMware or is a high single threaded cpu better something of the likes of a i9?

kaiyasit25029

Hello, you can contact me via discord, I would like to help you. The processor model is also very important in these cases. I do hosting work and I would like to help you test your save file on my servers for free.

Discord: fn0
I am facing the same problem. Please help me.

tommykrazy

@adrovici what are your server specs? Running VMware by chance? I am noticing the more bases that gets created in the server the more the server fps drops.

Palworld dedicated server sitting on a 2x e2667 v3 3.2ghz, 256gb of ram, and ssd running on VMware esxi 7. Allocated 16 cores and 256gb of ram to the palworld server on Ubuntu server 23.

We have about 8-10 players and about 5 different guilds. My server fps went from 40 to 10 fps.

Yes I do run multi core flags etc. but htop shows basically 3 cores being used lol…. I am wondering if better performance can be had from windows on VMware or is a high single threaded cpu better something of the likes of a i9?
Just if someone was in the same shoe as me. Make sure your server is running in high performance power mode. Basically disable all c states. If your system is in balance, it will not utilize boost clock speeds on your Intel procs.

(Yes super overlooked setting) changed my server fps from 10 to 30-45 with 16 players at any given time. Total of 24 players and 14 guilds with 3 bases each.