Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Keep Pals working after logout

memzi

Hello all,

Running a dedicated Palworld Server on a windows machine. Upon logging into the game, a few things seem to happen:
  1. Pals will be “depressed” or “hungry”, despite having baths and food boxes.
  2. Pals will be in odd places, especially if base is positioned near a cliff, or if there are walls surrounding base. This usually requires removing Pals from the base and re-adding them to resolve.
  3. Pals will not have been working during logout. For instance, if an iron ore farm has 2 ore with a mining Pal configuration set (Digtoise, Vanwyrm, etc) and I log out for the night, I can expect to return to 2 ore upon the next login.
This implies the chunks of the base aren’t being loaded since a player is not active within them, causing the issues described above. I’ve done my own independent research and came across two potential solutions by editing the INI configuration file:

Default value: bEnableNonLoginPenalty=True
Altered value: bEnableNonLoginPenalty=False

Default value: bExistPlayerAfterLogout=False
Altered value: bExistPlayerAfterLogout=True

After letting these config changes run overnight, I logged in and noticed that I had no ore added to the chest in my ore farm, implying my changes didn’t reflect my desired outcome.

AFK-ing is part of most survival games I’ve played to run automatic tasks such as farms or crafts, but I’m wondering if Palworld offers such a setting that will allow bases to remain loaded even if a player isn’t active within them.

Is what I’m looking to do possible? If not entirely possible, are there any other configuration changes I can make to remedy the other issues I’ve been having?

If more details are needed feel free to ask and I will do my best to respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Memzi

detrovi

I had a separate thread with this topic where it was confirmed that currently your pals cannot work on bases without a guild member logged in to generate the base/pals.

memzi

Given the default gather rate of some materials, this is disappointing. I’m sure increasing the rate would have a similar affect to what I was looking to achieve, but it would still involve AFK-ing.

Disappointing, but hopefully this is something the devs take a look at in the future!

DragoQC

well bases with the blue circle should be always 100% active i think. its more server hungry. it could also be an option in the ini files cause i could understand for a big server with lots of guild that could be a probleme but for me and my friends its not.