Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

How to create a Palworld Dedicated Server

palworld

Administrator
Staff member
I will show step by step how to create your own Palworld Dedicated Server.

First, You need a server, However, If you want, You can Install on your own computer to host a Palworld Server. Just follow the steps and open the ports end of the tutorial so your friends can join.

If you follow this tutorial, you will have a Palworld server. Your friend join and play together.

Server requriements for a Palworld Game server:

Requirements​

CPU4Cores (recommend)
RAM16GB Recommend over 32GB for stable operation. It is possible to start the server with 8 GB, but the further you play, the server will crash due to out of memory.
NetworkUDP Port 8211 (Default) Port forwarding required.
Installing SteamCMD

SteamCMD is command tool to use to download game server files. Y

View attachment 72

ou can download steamcmd from here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD
  1. Download the steamcmd and open it.
Paste these commands:

First login to steam
Code:
login anonymous
After login, download the Palworld Server files:
Code:
app_update 2394010 validate
2394010 is the game server id.

After you paste it, steamcmd will download all the game server files.

View attachment 73

Wait until it is finish the download.

View attachment 74

After that check to folders:
Code:
steamapps\common\PalServer
Game files will be under steamapps → common → PalServer

When you open the PalServer folder you will see PalServer.exe

Just click to start the server.

View attachment 70

After you start the PalServer.exe, This window will be opened.
View attachment 71

Do no close it. It will stop the game server if you stop it.

If you have any questions please ask below, I will help you 🙂

UPDATE:

Updated a new guide : How to Setup a Palworld Dedicated Server

Last edited:

Arktikus

16GB RAM from my expierence is not enough. Same problem as with 8GB RAM, the server crashes after some time with out of memory message and players are less then 8.

But 32GB is an insane amount of RAM needed, I’ve never heard of such high requirements.

EDIT:
The topic I opened about that Problem: Server crashing - Out of Memory

Last edited:

palworld

Administrator
Staff member
Game is on early stage so that is why it requires too much RAM. I think it will be optimized very soon. I replied your topic for how to optimize the server to use less RAM.

solvita

is it possible to change the query port from 27015 to something else?
on my dedicated root maschine, there are still servers running from other games which use the port. can only find informations about the 8211 port and the rcon port, but nothing about the query port.

Would be really nice if that is possible.

palworld

Administrator
Staff member
I will check it quickly if it is possible and reply here about 27015 port change.

I know a lot of game use that port default so there is a conflict. Which other games you host please share with me so I can send you how to change other game servers 27015 default port so your Palworld server does not have any conflict.

solvita

i know how i can change the port on the other game, but that would means tons of work because its not only a gameserver affected, websites which build on that port too. All that work would be easy revoked if palword would allow to change the query port.

SurvivalServers

Hello

Please reach out to us at ryan [at] survivalservers [dot] com - we’d love to sponsor this post with lifetime affiliate revenue!