Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Help with Ubuntu Palworld server

maskmonkey

Hi there,

I wanted to see if anyone can help me with these 2 issues I would love to set up for my server. The first issue I’m having is that my server keeps crashing every 28hrs or so. I have been looking at some tutorials on how to set up Auto Start, Auto Update, and Auto Reboot from a crash.

[Unit]
Description=Palworld Server
Wants=network-online.target
After=network-online.target

[Service]
User=steam
Group=steam
WorkingDirectory=/home/steam/
ExecStartPre=/usr/games/steamcmd +login anonymous +app_update 2394010 +quit
ExecStart=/home/steam/Steam/steamapps/common/PalServer/PalServer.sh -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS > /dev/nullRestart=always

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

The second issue is the Auto Backup of the world. Both tutorials I saw for the first and second issues are using Debian and they don’t work on Ubuntu or maybe I’m doing something wrong.

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

NHKchan

Hello,

Have you tried using the following parameters under [Service]?

Restart=on-success
RestartSec=30s

Restart can be one of no, on-success, on-failure, on-abnormal, on-watchdog, on-abort, or always

RestartSec being the time before restart occurrs

I personally use “on-success” so that if there’s a legitimate crash I can look into it first instead of systemd trying to perpetually restart. I have a memory monitor for my server so that if memory exceeds a certain threshold it gracefully shutsdown and the service automatically restarts on its own

source: link

Last edited: