Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Help with dedicated server settings unable to apply changes (Linux Ubuntu)

jetdegui

Hi,

I have setup a linux ubuntu dedicated server with the instructions from the official website.
I am able to login and my friends are able to join the game with my public IP address.
My problem is that after changing a few settings in the PalWorldSettings.ini file, they are not applied in the game.

To do the changes, I stopped the server as indicated, I changed and saved the settings as I wanted in the PalWorldSettings.ini file, then rebooted the server (literally the VM).

I don't know what else to do to make it work ...

Can anyone help me with my issue please ?

Thank you,

JetDeGUI

SkiperTheBoss

Use WorldOptions.sav instead of PalWorldSettings.ini it has higher prioity.
You can use https://palworldoptions.com/ it will allow you to import you current settings from your PalWorldSettings.ini and export as WorldOptions.sav which you have to locate to your savefiles.
It should move to (can look a bit different depending how you host has it setup and also OS):
Code:
.../PalServer/Pal/Saved/SaveGames/0/YourSaveIDHerePrettyLongOne/
There is also other folder named "Players" and two files "Level.sav" and "LevelMeta.sav" and there you put there "WorldOptions.sav"-file aswell.