Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Egg Incubator - Refined Incubator Suggestion

Darth Dorky

Issue: The breeding seems to be one of the main focuses of this game. The base-level egg incubator is unlocked at level 7, and there are no better versions or upgrades to make it more effective.

Solution:
A) Create a "Refined Incubator" around the level 30-40 tier. This would increase incubation speeds by 25-50% and require a number of Refined Ingots, Paldium, High Quality Cloth, and 150-200% the Ancient Civ Parts of the regular Egg Incubator. Possibly add Flame/Ice Organs to the reagents list to address the reduced incubation speeds and give the perception that it's a more versatile version with some cooling/heating capabilities without changing environmental temperature calculations.

OR

B) Allow Egg Incubators to be upgraded. Add an "Upgrade" prompt for the [5] key below the [4] key prompt for "Repair". Then, using either a premade kit (Like the repair kit) or materials directly from inventory, upgrade the Egg incubator with High Quality Cloth, additional Ancient Civ parts, and maybe even a few flame/ice organs to give the perception of the incubator's upgraded temperature versatility.

danny86

Maybe they should just add allot more stuff to happen when you upgrade your palbox?

Instead of just giving you an extra base every so often and a pal space on the base when you upgrade the palbox you receive another box of storage for pals and everything in the base upgrades to slightly better efficiency.

For me before the game was unplayable I boosted my server, reduced incubation times and stamina drain and changed the day and night cycle to longer since you can sleep the night away but it gives you longer to find them pesky pals you can't find in the day.

Also by reducing incubation times to 0 on single player you still have a 15 minute wait time on huge eggs and lowering it to 1 on multiplayer without optimal temperature gives you a 1 to 1 1/2 hour wait still but its faster than the 2 to 4 hours I've seen.

Darth Dorky

Maybe they should just add allot more stuff to happen when you upgrade your palbox?

Instead of just giving you an extra base every so often and a pal space on the base when you upgrade the palbox you receive another box of storage for pals and everything in the base upgrades to slightly better efficiency.

For me before the game was unplayable I boosted my server, reduced incubation times and stamina drain and changed the day and night cycle to longer since you can sleep the night away but it gives you longer to find them pesky pals you can't find in the day.

Also by reducing incubation times to 0 on single player you still have a 15 minute wait time on huge eggs and lowering it to 1 on multiplayer without optimal temperature gives you a 1 to 1 1/2 hour wait still but its faster than the 2 to 4 hours I've seen.

Palbox storage definitely needs an increase. It's currently extremely inconvenient to store breeder pairs for future cross breeding while also mass breeding for upgrade tiers. I often find myself having to condense additional versions of a Pal due to a lack of 64 spaces.

Personally, playing with default incubation settings (what will be used on Official servers), I'm currently running roughly 500 incubators for Huge Dragon eggs with incubation times of 36-72 hours. It kind of feels like that # of structures within a base will cause server lag, yet that is the only way to efficiently reach fully upgraded Pals.

Just sayin', it's kind of important for the default settings and mechanics of a Survival game to be fleshed out to keep the official servers playable and the player-base intact/growing.

What would be *REALLY* nice is if you condense an upgraded pal (Like, a Rank 4 Jormuntide) in the condenser, if it would give you that +4/+16/+32/+64 count towards the upgrade of the Pal you are currently upgrading. Would be great if I could condense 2 of these Rank 4 (3x upgraded) Mozzarinas for a Rank 5 (4x upgraded) Mozzarina.