Welcome, Visitor!

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

Dupplicate process of PalServer

mjolnia

Hello,

I run my own PalServer for my friends.
I run it on Windows Server 2019.
I created the script for running the server properly, and everything on the world is working well.
When i schedule a restart of the PalServer, instead of killing and running and other server, it just run an other instance of the server, trying to write in the same files, etc …
The Task Scheduler on Windows allows the system to stop a task that is running when i tries to start the same task again.It is not the intended behavior.

Why does the PalServer continues to run, even when the system is telling it to stop ?

PS : This is not the only game server that runs on this machine, and it is the only game server that does not want to stop when asked by the system.

pfeng8

I noticed when starting PalServer.exe it also starts “PalServer-Win64-Test-Cmd.exe”. My own script kills this in conjunction with PalServer.exe and it works.

mjolnia

I noticed that, but when i let PalServer.exe execute itself, when i kill the Task, it kept the process, but it was detached from the original task, but could not be killed by the Task Scheduler anymore.